[geocentrism] Re: (geocentrism) geostationary / geosynchrous sat.

  • From: Mike <mboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:29:52 +0100

Hi Philip,

Welcome back :)

I'm no expert on what stars are visible when, but I think the
heliocentric and geostatic models must both predict the same stars in
the same positions otherwise it would be very easy to compare with
observation and there would be no discusion helio/geo discussion.  The
observed relative motions are the same which ever frame of reference you
choice to consider stationary.

 From the first hit when I googled "stars apparent motion"

http://www.phys.uri.edu/~chuck/ast108/notes/node8.html