[geocentrism] Re: expelled

  • From: Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:03:58 +0100

Please do remember Paul that no response from a creationist does not mean victory for the humanist, it likely means, further discussion is pointless because you cannot argue something that is based on faith. That's why I have pretty much stopped doing it on this forum. The same also applies to humanists, its by faith that they believe there is no creator or un-caused first cause. If I'm wrong I won't be able to regret it, but if you are then you will. No need to respond.

Regards

Jack

Paul Deema wrote:
Philip M
I was impressed with the lucidity of your review of "Expelled ..." -- well done. You haven't convinced me I hasten to add, but well done. I started last night after a couple of posts, to have a look at "Expelled ..." via Google and here it is 10h30 in the morning and I've just stopped. What a marathon. After a few stops, the path led to Richard D's web site which had so much interesting stuff I spent hours there and that led to another VERY interesting site where I spent more hours. I've put a tiny sample below indented. The address, well actually there are other links as well, but the main one is http://members.aol.com/ckbloomfld/index.html. I read at several parts but the address for the quote is http://members.aol.com/chas1222/bepart53.html#ref5353. Like me, you won't be convinced but there is just SO MUCH evidence on offer I couldn't believe my eyes.

    Letter #476 from RN of Moscow, Idaho

    (On pages 17 and 18 of the Sept./Oct. 1991 issue of the magazine,
    Free Mind, can be found the following comments by RN under the
    title "Toss the Book at 'Em." RN sent BE a copy--Ed.)

    I started writing letters to the editor against creationists six
    years ago and soon found out that telling them what scientists say
    is like pouring water on a duck's back. The only way to reach them
    is to tell them what the Bible says. Or, in other words, throw
    "The Book" at them!

    I have found the biblical approach extremely effective. I have
    knocked out several dozen fundamentalists, including two preachers
    and a local columnist. Whenever possible, I try to make my letters
    funny, so that the general public will laugh at the fundies.
    Recently, an evangelical acquaintance informed me that the better
    known of the preachers no longer has any credibility in Christian
    circles. And I keep bumping into businesspersons and professors
    who appreciate my efforts. And, best of all, only newcomers dare
    to write letters to the editor about school prayer or creationism.
    The rest of them are silent except, no doubt, for daily prayers
    for my demise.

    Make no mistake about it: the worst enemy of the fundamentalists
    is the Bible. For us Humanists, however, it is indeed a "good
    book." Let us use it more often....

These letters are interesting in their own right but the REALLY interesting stuff is the reason why BE existed. Do have a look.

Paul D

PS This guy -- RN -- looks a lot like Bernie B's opposite number!