[geocentrism] Re: expelled

  • From: "PETER CHARLTON" <peter.nambo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:24:16 +0100

Then again, maybe the Bibles not its own enemy but is written in such a way
that only the good and faithfull can understand it, others being left free to
follow the life course they most wish, Daniel 12

8 Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so that I said: "O my
lord, what will be the final part of these things?"
9 And he went on to say: "Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and
sealed up until the time of [the] end. 10 Many will cleanse themselves and
whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act
wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having
insight will understand.

Now lets look at the Pagan Catholic teaching of a loving God burning somebody
in Hell for all eternity just because they didnt go to Catholic Church, or
maybe they ate fish on a Friday or something.

Ecclesiastes 9 tells the condition of the dead

4 For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence,
because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living are
conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of
nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages

Well, that doesnt sound painfull, "the dead, they are conscious of nothing at
all"

If the Bible tells us the penalty for sin is torture, it must be written in it
soemwhere?, heres what Ive found it says, Romans 6

 23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life
by Christ Jesus our Lord.

The wages of sin is death, that is, consciousness of nothing at all, for dust
you are, and dust you will return.

So, whats this Hell the Bible does mention if its not a place of et6ernal
torture?

Jonah 2

JON 2:1 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,

JON 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he
heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

According to the King James version, Hell is the belly of a big fish.

Another version uses the hebrew word for the place of the dead

Out of the belly of She´ol I cried for help.
You heard my voice.

Another word for the place of the dead is Hades, so Hell just means the place
of the dead whilst they await the resurrection.

Did you know Jonahs 3 days in Hell was a prophesy of Jesus spending 3 days in
Hell after his crucifixtion? Yes, Jesus went to Hell when he died, what hope
for the rest of us if its a place of torture.

So where did the Catholics get the notion of a fiery Hell in order to frighten
people into parting with thier money from?

You might remember that whenever any of the Kings of Israel died, they where
said to go to "the memorial tombs" to be remembered by God in the ressurection,
outside Jerusalem however, was the valley of Gehenna, this was a constantly
burning rubbish dump into which the bodies of criminals where thrown, the idea
being that they where rubbish, to be completely destroyed and not get a
resurrection, as if being burnt in Gehenna for all time.

Jesus himself used the example of Gehennas which his listeners would understand
when he talked about "the second death", now when you die, you experience the
first death and from which there is a resurrection in Jesus 1000 year reign,
but if you do not submit to goodness, and carry on being sinners, you suffer
the "second death", a death from which there is no second chance or second
resurrection, just like the criminals thrown in Gehenna the valley of fire.

Heres Revelation 20 from the King James

 REV 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell
delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man
according to their works.

REV 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the
second death.

REV 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into
the lake of fire.

You will notice in verse 14, that Hell is cast into the lake of fire, now if
Hell IS the lake of fire, how can it be cast into itself?

No, Hell is the place of the dead, after Jesus rule there will be no more
death, hence no more need for a residence of the dead hence both being cast
into what symbolised to the Jews everlasting non-existance, the rubbish tip of
the lake of fire.

 "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they
will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out
every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning
nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Pete Charlton