[geocentrism] Re: depression

Dear Paul,

Me in blue:

Paul Deema wrote:
Steven J
Well my admission has prompted a few responses. That was not my intention but thanks anyway.
You have my sympathies also.
Thank you.
In my case, I am resigned to a dietary supplement of little purple pills which I get from the chemist monthly on my doctor's 'recommendation'. They work pretty well most of the time but every so often not quite as well as hoped. That they do work is shown by the negative effects I've noted each time I've tried to come off them. It's a small price to pay.
I hope the best for you.
Concerning faith -- I am aware that faith can enable the individual to achieve results he thought beyond him but unfortunately you have to have the faith. You can't get a script for that, you can't buy it at the fish market.
True.
Also -- and this may not sit well with you -- it really doesn't matter what it is that you have faith in. People who profess faith in a wide range of deities, talismans and/or charms report similarly. I don't have that faith -- difficult to say whether fortunately or unfortunately -- I simply try to understand the reality, take whatever actions have been shown statistically to be effective and try accept the outcome with whatever degree of stoicism I can muster.
You may actually be surprised to know I'm ok with this statement, it's seemingly true, however I believe that God is the ultimate healer. Those who have hope in a charm or whatever are still creating a positive effect within themselves because belief is a powerful thing in the human body. Feeling mentally hopeful has enormous power to heal. But, accept God into your life, the creator of all things, have hope in the Lord and see what mountains you can move! WOW.

Truly,

Steven.
Paul D


----- Original Message ----
From: Steven Jones <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 6 November, 2007 9:33:34 PM
Subject: [geocentrism] Re: depression

philip madsen wrote:
> "suffer to some extent from depression"

> Depression is an imaginary desease some men catch from women.. For a
> cure it is only necessary for a man to imagine he has not got it, and
> have another beer.

> The only occasion I get depressed is when I have sinned against God.
> And a simple honest apology with some prayers for penance quickly
> fixes that..
Depression does exist! Sorry to hear that Paul. I once suffered from a
very terrible case of it, but didn't use conventional medication. God
can help cure the illness as God can with any disease, have faith and
hope! You may be blessed with a miracle.

Whilst we're talking about such matters, I find People with a faith tend
to be able to cope with hard scenarios better than those who don't. This
is an opinion, not a statement.

Truly,

Steven.

> Philip.
>
>    ----- Original Message -----
>    *From:* Paul Deema <mailto:paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>    *To:* Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    *Sent:* Wednesday, November 07, 2007 5:01 AM
>    *Subject:* [geocentrism] Re: Regner concedes?
>
>    Philip M
>
>    I have been following the play but there there has been just so
>    much of it in recent days and I write so slowly -- I care about my
>    spelling, punctuation, phraseology etc -- that there was no way I
>    could comment on everything I would have liked to. I was also
>    trying very hard to illustrate and describe some aspects of daily
>    and annual star trails and not managing to get it together.
>    Complicating the matter is the fact that I suffer to some extent
>    from depression and every so often, when the stress level gets too
>    high I just have to back off.
>
>    Now to two excerpts from your posts -
>
>    I have said it before, to those who do not accept the aether as a
>    possibility, there is no other explanation other than to accept
>    that the earth moves.. why are you silent Paul?
>
>    Well I think I've explained the silence. But Philip -- can there
>    be any doubt in your mind about my position? If there is, then my
>    Herculean efforts in the past have been wasted!
>
>    and -
>
>    An aside.
>
>    Somehow I get the feeling that Paul has been merely stirring the
>    pot on the ecliptic poles star trails issue to create confusion,
>    dissention, and diversion to make geocentrism adherents look as
>    stupid as he believes us to be. Notice he has not responded or
>    even made any reference to any point that I have made that seems
>    to support the HC position . Thats my second challenge to you Paul !
>
>    Philip -- can you doubt that I support whatever you say which
>    supports heliocentrism? (Always providing you're making sense of
>    course and I concede that you usually do!) I do have a problem
>    understanding this dichotomy of ideas you hold however. If you can
>    manage this, then how is it that you cannot visualise the
>    mechanism of producing simultaneously daily and annual rotation
>    and revolution about two axes? I'd have thought that the latter
>    was a doddle compared to the former!
>
>    Besides, I think I've demonstrated that while humour is an
>    acceptable ingredient in almost anything, I don't regard childish
>    games as humour. I have a position and until I see reason to
>    change I'll maintain it. You can be assured that I am not guilty
>    of '... stirring the pot ...'.
>
>    One more post then off to bed!
>
>    Paul D
>
>    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000
>    every week. Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV
>    <http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/default_all/bingo/*http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/>.
>
>
>    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    No virus found in this incoming message.
>    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>    Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.22/1111 - Release Date:
>    5/11/2007 4:36 AM
>





National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV.

Other related posts: