[geocentrism] Re: an axis or not?

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:35:36 +1000

Philip,

Whether you view it as abstract or not does not alter the fact that it is
relevant to both geocentric and heliocentric systems. It is as 'real' as your
horizon.

Neville

Agreed I am not doubting that Neville. But do you see my point that if I take
the orbit of the sun as a helical spring around the world, which it is from a
geocentric perspective, and if the suns orbital plane is the ecliptic, then
under such a graphical representation of a spring, the ecliptic axis and the
celestial axis are the same?

I am not trying to raise any red herring. I am not familiar with much of the
astronomy of space and the planetary movements. I'm flat out keeping the moon
in place. I'm trying to get the mechanics perspective.

I expect that all the appearances for both systems must remain the same.
Therefore if we ascribe this equinoxical movement to the sun, then for all of
the suns planets to keep the appearances of position relative to the sun and
the world, then must we not expect the whole system to likewise be taking the
same motion. Even so the canopy perhaps.