[geocentrism] Re: acceleration calcs attachment

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:34:58 +1000

No worries Paul..  I pulled out of the discussion. As not having fallen a long
enough distance in any tin box, nor ever experienced being in orbit,  I am not
really qualified to speak on the subject, without presuming that everybody in
the sciences of physics since the beginning of time are liars..

Meanwhile I did find this interesting article on weightlessness, which shows I
did not know everything..  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weightlessness and that
a lot of us loosely apply terminology.. How many times have we encountered that?

eg  "Weightlessness (roughly speaking) occurs when"   and
In the center of a planet a person would feel weightless because the pull of
the surrounding mass of the planet would cancel out. More generally, the
gravitational force is zero everywhere within a hollow spherically symmetrical
planet, by the shell theorem.

Doesn't that open the mind to what happens to pressure , something I have never
thought about.  Without thinking I would have said the highest pressure would
be at the centre..  Totally wrong.. Hmmm. \