[geocentrism] Re: acceleration calcs attachment

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:07:07 +0000 (GMT)

Allen D
If you want to be liked -- be likeable.
If you want to be admired -- be admirable.
If you desire knowledge and understanding -- avoid sophistry.
You have a peculiar talent for homing in on the trivial, of quoting out of
context, of avoiding the central issue, all in the interest of demonstrating
ascendancy. Actually, in your case, it is -- from time to time -- more a case
of desperately staving off defeat. This is one of those times.

None of us here enjoys the struggle we all have in trying to understand you,
but we endure in the search for truth -- at least as each of us see it. When
confronted with an unassailable proposition, it is proper to dip one's colours
and admit defeat in a statesman like manner. If we can't manage this, then a
position of dissenting from -- but at the same time respecting the position of
-- our adversary, is a generally acceptable and honourable position to take.
This behaviour gains respect whereas the alternative merely invites ridicule.

Please -- demonstrate your maturity by honestly addressing the issues and
putting aside this juvenile behaviour. If you find yourself shown to be in
error -- admit it in a forthright manner. As a past member of the Federal
Senate and Cabinet Minister of my nation once remarked when caught out --
"Admit your error -- disarm your critic!"

I suspect it is a bit late for you to emerge from this series of exchanges with
a lot of honour and respect, but the longer you delay this action, the longer
it will take. I also suspect that if you were to demonstrate the required
humility, then the members of this forum are sufficiently mature -- and
generous -- as to resist the desire to dance around you in a circle, pointing,
laughing and jeering.

Paul D