[geocentrism] Re: acceleration calcs

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:29:21 +1000

The truck drives along a turn in the road.
* A ball is dropped from the ceiling of the container.

Thanks Regner.. I now glean what is meant by the "fiction".. Actually we had
discussed the falling ball in a transparant railway carriage passing a station
a few times here on this list. I just missed the connection as regards the
"fiction" of observation.

You make a good case for it being impossible for anybody to establish absolute
certainty for any position or movement in space. (we've been here before as
well)

Its claimed inertial devices will detect acceleration. but that is only part of
motion... Philip.