[geocentrism] Re: Two spin axes of Earth?

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:02:58 +1100

Quoting philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Regner said,
>
>  "You should not be embarassed - on the contrary.
> To be able to change from preconceived notions, when faced with
> proof against, is a sign of great and noble minds."
>
> OK hang on !  I had no preconceived notions here. It was more like a confused
> lack of comprehension. And proofs did not enter into the equation.
> Reason did.

I didn't mean baseless notions, just your former idea of how things
were. "Proof" might be too rigorous, substitute for reason, overwhelming
evidence, etc.

> I would like to add that I indeed do not wish the title of a "great and noble
> mind". That is not only embarrassing but shamefull.. It calls on pride,
> whereas I would be humble..

It is only one component, but I think, a necessary one.
Hmmm, come to think of it, humility would be another one...

> Lets just call me by my preferred option.... Genius.

You'll be safe - Refer to me previous sentence :-)

    Regards,

       Regner