[geocentrism] Re: Two spin axes of Earth?

  • From: Steven Jones <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:32:16 +0000

Dad wrote:
Paul,

The diffraction limit of "big expensive" telescopes is not achieved in the real world. Also, no astronomer is "directly examin[ing] the universe," but rather making observations in a terrestrial laboratory and seeking to promote and understand those observations within the currently accepted model.

Beautiful, bravo, bravo, so agreed upon am I! Springs to mind this:

"There are no purely observational facts about the heavenly bodies. Astronomical measurements are, without exception, measurements of phenomena occurring in a terrestrial observatory or station; it is only by theory that they are translated into knowledge of a universe outside." (Eddington, "The Expanding Universe," CUP.)  From "Outer Space" here: http://www.geocentricperspective.com/page82.htm

Smiles all around!!!

Steven.
Neville

From: Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Paul,
Why did you find it necessary to patronise Regner in that way? Regarding the 'real thing' what in heavens name is Regner doing that no-one else is?

From: Paul Deema

Allen D
I'd be careful about advising Regner to refer to a model. He doesn't need one. He plays with the real thing!