[geocentrism] Re: Two spin axes of Earth?

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:26:14 +1100

The instantaneous distance to the Sun can be measured, and the orbit is found
to be an ellipse with the Sun at the Focal point (well, very slightly offset
from the focal point). The changing apparent diameter of the Sun is also a
direct observation of the orbit being elliptic.
  The offset of the Sun-Earth centre of mass is insignificant compared to the
distance between the two focal points. In Fig. 2 you can see the distance
between the focal points (twice the offset between the ellipse and the circle,
whereas, the offset of the Sun-Earth centre of mass is 0.06% of the Solar
radius
which you cannot see on the scale of that plot. It can, of course still be
measured).
  The orbit could of course be the same if the Sun orbited the Earth in an
elliptical orbit. But there are other "details" that are hard to explain.

     Kind regards,

        Regner Trampedach