[geocentrism] Re: Tides

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:17:46 -0800

All,

"One event of unusual interest was the several very long lines across Lake Superior they were able to observe despite the fact they were theoretically not intervisible. While very rare, when found, these observations, known as refracted lines because the signals are seemingly lifted by atmospheric conditions so they can be sighted on, generally involve sights across water, as was the case here. One such line was reported in the 1930's Hudson River arc."

The above quote is from the fourth page of the reference that Paul supplied. Dracup (the author) skims over this, which is a pity, because this is a very interesting area of geodesic surveying work.

As for the claimed earth 'bulge', the margin for error in these surveys seems to me to make the definitive 'bulge' measurement questionable at the very least.