[geocentrism] Re: Tides

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:11:22 +0000 (GMT)

Neville J

You said in -- From Neville Jones Mon May 12 23:32:18 2008 --
Has this equatorial 'bulge' been measured or observed? Or is it assumed?
Perhaps you missed this -- From Paul Deema Mon Aug 20 15:16:59 2007 --
http://www.history.noaa.gov/stories_tales/geodetic1.html
Here you will find a reference to the measurement in the middle 1730s.
The results showed conclusively that one degree of themeridian was longer in
Lapland than at Paris and proved Newton's postulate to be correct. The
expedition to Peru, the present day Ecuador departed in 1735 and returned
nineyears later with results that confirmed the Lapland finding, i.e. one
degree of the meridian is shorter at the equator than in France. [Emphasis
added]
I sought to illustrate this -- see attachment -- but it appears to my eye that
the illustration and the description differ. If anyone can alleviate my
dilemma, I'd be grateful.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail