[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus.. Nick & Dan

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

Robert, my responces in red

Nick, I can accept that. Unfortunatly for you, Jesus is the head of that
church,

Jesus is the head of His church, the true church,  the Catholic church.

I did a search on the bible (lots of bibles) and church is mentioned many times
 - the word catholic is not. You believe this,  I do not. I do not, because I
see no reason to believe this. Having a history, having lots of written
material, having lots of other people believe: none of these are reasons to
accept this position.
 not the Pope,

the Pope is the vicar of Christ, His representative on earth.

John26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in
my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your
remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus himself tells us who will teach us - and it isn't a man or a council of
men.

Colossians 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

And also we are told who the head of the church is - it is Jesus, not the Pope.

You can repeat your catholic beliefs all you want, but without scriptural basis
- it means nothing. Saying something is true doesn't make it so. Telling me all
the books that I could read supporting your position doesn't make it so either.
I suspect the reason catholics never give verses to support their catholicism
is that it is impossible.