[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus.. Nick & Dan

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

I've never read a more foolish responce. It simply drips with that "holier than
thou" attitude I've already acused you of and is your particular downfall as I
see it. You are too correct and knowlegable to take simple instruction, even
from the bible.

The point is quite simple - is scripture to be read very plainly or do you need
special revelation to understand scripture? If you had bothered to read the
verses quoted and actually thought about them for yourself, you would see that
they are the cornerstones of what Allen is saying to you. His basis for how to
read the bible comes from the bible itself in the quoted scriptures mentioned.

Under what authority do you question the plain meaning of those verses? If you
reject what scripture says, how do you keep biblical authority for anything you
believe? Weather someone else has written on the subject is meaningless. What
do you say? Is the bible from God or not? if it plainly says something, should
you "go by that" or is there more to know? If something written is dificult to
understand or seems to contradict something else, where are you going to look
to gain understanding? The bible seems a likely answer. Or are you going to
depend on some special revelation outside of scripture?

By the way, I guess I've decided to quit worrying about staying on the
geocentric topic since that never seems to be discussed anymore. Perhaps we
should rename this "I know the true way - no, I do - your wrong - no you are" @
freelists.

JA

"Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Allen,
Thank you for the followup, but you've missed the point. I had asked the
following:

"You mention that Scripture defines itself, correlates its meaning, can be
easily understood without reading into the text and requires nothing more than
acceptance of plain text...etc.  My question is, where in Scripture does
Scripture give you these absolutes on how it is to be read.  Or have you
developed something else outside of Scripture to be able to make such
statements (and if so, on what authority)."

Of course "ALL Scripture is...profitable", etc. But where does it say all the
stuff you said on how it is to be read.  It doesn't.  The point is you are
drawing up your own guidelines (and in the process violating the very 1 Corr
provision you irrelevantly cited as your support). You are the one without
"authority" to do so.

Please read carefully before you go about preaching your "opinions" as Truth.

If you actually want an answer to the Catholic Church's authority, then go read
it in such Catholic texts as Denzinger, which I cited earlier, rather than
asking me to reproduce via emails the equivalent of several hundred pages of
well established text.  Instead, (to again use your cite) you guys like to go
around "puffed up" with what you've "written".

Regards,
Nick.