[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus.. Nick

  • From: Dan <danchap9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

Was Peter the Rock???

THE TRUE CHURCH.

Mathew chapter 16 verses 13 to 18:

?When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples,
saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that
thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the
prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter
answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.  And Jesus
answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and
blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I
say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my
church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.?

Notice first of all Jesus asks his disciples whom do men say that I the Son of
man am? Because of various prophecies in the Old Testament they came to the
conclusion that Jesus was the fulfilment of one of these. In verse 15 he makes
it personal to his disciples and you can make it personal to yourselves right
now. But whom say ye that I am? He has already told them who he is by saying I
Am which is the name that God gave to Moses in reply to who shall I say sent me
when Moses returned from Mount Sinai.

Exodus 3:13 to15:

?And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and
shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they
shall say to me, What is his name? What shall I say unto them And God said unto
Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of
Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt
thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of
Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is
my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.?

So this was God in the flesh standing before them. Simon Peter in verse 16
Simon in Hebrew means he who harkens or listens. And Peter means rock as in a
solid stone. But later on in the verse Jesus addresses Simon Peter as Simon
Barjona. Very interesting as we know names all have hidden meanings in Hebrew.
Here Simon means he who harkens or listens and Barjona means son of Jona. Jona
means dove. The dove is symbolic of the Holy Spirit. So Jesus is saying here
blessed are you who listen to the Holy Spirit, for flesh and blood has not
revealed it to you but my father in heaven. Now flesh and blood or man has not
revealed it to you means indoctrination of men you see man can teach this day
and night in the flesh and get nowhere but when God himself through the Holy
Spirit speaks directly into the innermost being of a person that?s Revelation.

John 16verse 13:

? Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all
truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that
shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.?

That?s what we all need because without that the bible is absolutely
meaningless to the carnal mind. Verse 18 is the key to the true foundation that
the Holy Spirit would like to lay in your inner most being right now if you
have the ears to hear. The rock is the revelation that not man but my father in
heaven has shown you. Peter means a stone or solid rock. But this is not
speaking of a solid foundation. Anything built in this physical realm is only
temporal. This is speaking of a spiritual foundation. The Lord Jesus Christ.

 I Corinthians chapter 3 verses 10 to 13:

?According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master
builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let
every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man
lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.?

You cannot build a foundation on faith or prosperity or revival or healing etc.
Who heals who prospers who revives who gives faith?

Hebrews chapter 12 verse 2:

?Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that
was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at
the right hand of the throne of God.?

 And on that revelation I will build my church. The word church means to ?call
out or to call forth.? It is not a building made with hands. It?s a people
called out and set apart by God. Now the doctrines of men will take this solid
rock and put a solid building made with the hands of man on it. The building is
not the church but the building is where the church meets. Jesus didn't talk
about it as a place to go to, but a way of living in relationship to him and to
other followers of his. Asking us where we go to church is like asking us where
we go to be us. How do we answer that? We are us and where we go there we are.
'Church' is that kind of word. It doesn't identify a location or an institution
or a denomination. It describes a people and how they relate to each other.

Luke chapter 17 verse 20 and 21:

?And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should
come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with
observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! For, behold, the
kingdom of God is within you.?

If we lose sight of that, our understanding of the true church a called out
people will be distorted.  So with this simple understanding lets take a closer
look at verse 18. Blessed are you who listens to the spirit of God for flesh
and blood has not revealed this to you but my father in heaven and on that
revelation I will call out my people. And the gates of hell will not come
against it (them).

1 Corinthians chapter 3 verse 10 to 11:

 ?According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a  Wise master
builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let
every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man
lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.?

 Jesus Christ is the spiritual foundation. Before we build a house in the
natural we have to make sure that the foundation is deep and strong enough to
support it. So it is in the spiritual.

Galatians chapter 3 verse 28:

?There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is
neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.?

Now this is a very interesting verse. If you are a Jew reading this you have to
leave your Jewish religion and move into Christ. If you are a gentile reading
this you have to leave your Gentile religion and move into Christ. Think about
how many Gentile religions there are and how many false Christ?s there are. Not
easy if you are deceived by one of them. If you think that was a bit harsh
what about ?neither male nor female.? Surely that counts us all out? Consider
this, the bible talks about us being Sons of God and new creatures.

2 Corinthians chapter 5 verse 17:

?Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed
away; behold, all things are become new.?

So the new creature in Christ is not a Jew or a gentile. They are neither male
nor female but we are all one in Christ.

            The bible also says that we are God?s body on the earth.

There is a counterfeit church out there and in the book of Revelation she is
called a prostitute or Harlot.

Revelation chapter 17 verses 3 to 6:

?So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit
upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads
and ten horns.  And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and
decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her
hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her
forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of
the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I
wondered with great admiration.?

The Beast is the coming One World Government and the Woman is the counterfeit
church. Think about it a prostitute sleeps around committing adultery and takes
all your money then leaves you for dead. A true bride keeps herself pure and
clean for her husband.

2 Corinthians chapter 6 verses 17 to 17:

?Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and
touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto
you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.?

 Dan.

"Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Allen,
I've seen what good (or lack thereof) the Bible verse slinging does on this
forum.  If you want a Biblical basis for Peter as the rock, read Denzinger.
I'm not going to write a book for you when it's already been done.  Denzinger
is a compilation that has already been done.  Read it, rather than just
responding that "there is none".

Regards,
Nick.