[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus

  • From: "Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:13:15 -0500

Neville,
You've gotten so knotted up that I think the only hope is for you to
re-boot your mind on religious matters.  Nevertheless, I'll add some
response to your verses below.

Meaning of Acts 13:38-41...

Ver. 37-38.  That your sins are forgiven by the merits of Christ, so you
may be truly just in the sight of God.

Ver. 38-39.  The law of Moses was then imperfect.  Christ, whom the law
of Moses foretold, shows you its completion.  You would violate the law
of Moses by opposing the new law, to which Moses leads you.

Ver.40.  Therefore, don't reject the divine Saviour, or otherwise what
has been denounced by the prophets will fall upon your incredulous
heads.

Ver. 41. The "scoffers" reference is out of Hab 1:5.  The prophet, by
these words, foretold to the Jews in his time the evils that would come
upon them in their captivity in Chaldea, but St. Paul here applies them
at least to the miseries that the incredulous Jews would incur, if they
obstinately refused to believe in Christ.

So, Neville, what is your issue?  No, I don't see hatred by Paul.  He is
blunt and loving.

Regards,
Nick.

  _____