[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:24:21 +1000

My response to Nevilles request. .

If we can  independently use our own reason to selectively take or reject
Scripture, then to me the Scripture must be worthless. Jesus Himself is never
mentioned anywhere as having ever written or recorded anything, except by
witnesses.

All of it has been written by men. How can we, and who are we to claim
sufficient brains, let alone authority from God to be able to discern what is
inspired of God?  Even Histories are biased in the writers. God in the old
Testament had His authority vested in a sfructure, composed of chosen men. Even
Jesus respected this authority, even as they crucified Him. This structure of
Authority has never since repented and accepted His New covenant. Thus it has
by its own will it relinquished control, and authority.

It seems logical to assume that Jesus Himself was delinquent in His duty, if He
did not substitute a New Structure of Authority in His Apostles to carry on His
work. "I will not leave you orphans"   It would be totally illogical and
irresponsible for Him to leave us to our own wits to find inspiration,
especially in the world He left, which for His people, mostly illiterate, in
the great majority there was no readily available Scripture, and never would be
for over a millennium, and even then these were swamped among many many
conflicting versions, with many claimants to Divine authority and inspiration.

It seems obvious to me, that the task confronting every person to find
salvation, is not to use his wits to find out TRUTH , from among all this
confusion, but rather to seek out that Authority in total submission to the
will of God, (which means having no pride in self but deep humility and
awareness of self insignificance, trusting in Grace to find those shepherds
which Jesus must have left on earth to lead His sheep.

There is no point in me telling anyone here that the Catholic Church is that
body. This Church has been attacked and persecuted, and almost destroyed over
the last 5 or so centuries, so infiltrated with apostates, that your task would
be difficult to almost impossible to ascertain the truth today. If these are
indeed the last days as fortold by Jesus, then you should understand that this
difficulty of identification is part and parcel of the punishment due to proud
men. Among which by the way I include the vast majority of todays Catholics,
who know little of their faith, and joined the world. Such is the power of the
Devils tools, the mass media, first of which was the Printing press.

I must confess Neville, that I find the two quotes you posted here to be
written in a style of English that is incomprehensible to me, even though they
are presented out of context.