[geocentrism] Re: Plenum and firmament

  • From: "Cheryl B." <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:35:48 -0500

Philip -- You said:   "Whats with the KJV Is God then an Englishman....Gods
chosen people! Are all the other countries pagan if they do not conform to
King James of England?"

God is not an Englishman, but He certainly does care about His Word, that it
be preserved.  He used the early church (if you want to call it Catholic) to
preserve the Canon  and He used the England's King James and the genius
linguists of that time who were "appointed for such a time as this" (as in
the book of Esther) -- to preserve the translation.

As you know, there are many, many manuscripts, many "books" -- not all of
these are scripture.  Part of God's "divine intervention in the affairs of
man" was first and foremost to preserve His Word.  Just as God chose to
interact with mankind at a certain time and place (in Rome 2000 years ago),
so did He choose the times and places to preserve his Word.

At the time of  the translation of the Bible, the printing press had just
been invented (how convenient) and William Tyndale had succeeded in his
translation and dissemination.  The earlier incomplete versions were all
considered and incorporated with awe and humility by the KJV translators.
These men, about 50 of them, were totally God-fearing, and very much aware
of their mission.  They knew they were called of God as well as by the state
to perform this service.  These were a group of men assembled by God and
equipped and annointed by Him as could not be an accident.  (it would be a
similar comparison to the group of men God assembled at the time of the
American Revolutionary War, a group of men unlike any others we've ever
seen.)

I am not Calvinistic by any means at all, but I am also not a deist.  It's
quite obvious to me from the Scripture that God does intervene in the
affairs of man, especially when it comes to preserving and propagating His
Word.

Yes, English is a special language, quite obviously.  That doesn't mean that
God isn't intervening in the translations of the Bible in other languages,
guiding those translators to the right manuscripts and annointing people
He's called to effect those translations.

Either we have a Bible we can believe in and trust or we don't.

I've read Gail Riplinger's book, New Age Bible Translations.  Before that, I
loved and trusted my KJV.  After reading her book, I now see that these
other "bibles" are counterfeits inspired by Satan and brought forth by
Satan's annointed dupes in order to introduce the idea that there is no real
Bible, to obfuscate and confuse, water down and sanitize, and eventually
produce the generic bible that everyone can read of all religions and find
their own "truth" there.

The KJV is the only Bible that credits Jesus with the Creation of the
Universe.  The only one.   That is enough reason for me, right there, to
chuck all the others.

Scripture says that God used the Holy Spirit to move holy men of old to
write the Scriptures.  Well, once those Scriptures were written down on a
parchment, do you really think God was going to turn his back and leave it
up to man (and Satan) to preserve His words?

Logic?