[geocentrism] Re: Paul

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:54:52 +0000 (GMT)

Philip M
From philip madsen Wed Apr  4 19:47:33 2007
If you studied the history of the anticlerical, antichurch , and anti God
feeling at the time, and saw the difference between their hatred and  your easy
going natural antipathy, which they did not have at that time, then you would
more easily understand the weak foundations upon which modern science is built.

I can't speak for others -- what was their motivation, their intent etc -- and
in any event they are gone and we must live in the present. I'd like to share
with you an incident which happened to me recently at a bbq. I met and fell
into conversation with a guy who it transpired had been in the past, a flight
engineer on Boeing 747s. I disclosed my past and he observed that, in contrast
to those who live in the metaphysical or quasi-something-or-other world, that
we took comfort from the fact that dx over dy for 100 iterations would produce
a converging or diverging characteristic; that a dozen people given concrete
starting postulates and a real world proposition, would all arrive at the same
answer. This is the kind of certainty, the kind of firm ground beneath my feet
which contributes in large degree to my continuing sanity.
This is the mountain on which I and others stand, which I discussed in a few
earlier posts, and on which I wish everyone else could also stand.