[geocentrism] Re: Moon landings?

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:00:47 -0500

> Three things are possible, that would be observed from such an [polar]
orbit.

> 1. In the HC system, it should show the earth moving towards the
> east making one 24 hour rotation for every 24 hour period of its
> own orbit.
>
> or
>
> 2. It would show the earth quite stationary, and its is orbit
> would fly over the same longitude for the full period of its orbit.
>
> The third possibility, is it could show the effect of Roberts
> cosmically rotating Plenum.

Continuing from the last post.....
the plenum's effect on the polar orbit depends on altitude:
if > 5 1/2 earth radii, the plenum would push the polesat (weakly) E to W,
like the stars, near the equator
if < 5 1/2 earth radii, the plenum would push the polesat (weakly) W to E,
like the atmosphere, near the equator

> It is this effect that I want to discuss...within the GC
> framework.  We are comparing two identical orbits as regards
> Newtonian rules. One vertical, and one horizontal.
>
> In the vertical we have no problem of a hovering satellite.
> Centrifugal and gravitational forces will balance...
>
> In the horizontal case though we do not.. The satellite is
> stationary and not moving at all. Are we then moving from
> positive centripetal force to a negative centipetal force...
>
> Let me close by posing a mental exercise. Remember the earth is
> not moving here.
>
> Take the stable orbit   I have created around the poles, (imagine
> it as a spinning ring, with a black dot on it, which it is. ) and
> nudge it slowly till it has shifted 90 degrees to an equatorial
> orbit. It now is in the exact same state as regards orbit, as our
> original geosynchronous satellite.
>
> What stopped it moving?

The polesat has a stable orbit in classical physics because angular momentum
is conserved.
To change the AM, an external torque must be applied, which explains what
stops the motion at the equator.
btw: the satellite planar motion won't stop if the torque continues.....
Using the euphemistic term 'nudge' or 'quasi-torque' or 'pseudo torque'
won't avoid the fact that a finite torque must be applied.
Of course, using infinitesimal torques will work, but require an infinite
time to shift the orbit to the equator.
Can we wait that long?      d(8^)>

Pax Christi,

Robert