[geocentrism] Re: Moon landings?

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:25:05 -0500

Philip,

Is the polar launch you proposed intended to put a geostat in orbit over the
North Pole?
If so, this is impossible in both HC and GC cases.  If not, please explain
what you mean.

All satellite orbits must have their center at the Earth's center. Only
orbits around the equator - latitude zero - will do so. All other latitudes
will not, yet they must, if the geostat is to always be directly overhead.

Here's my answer phrased differently, including the figure 8 reference:

Question

Is it possible to place a satellite in geostationary orbit over the north
pole?

Asked by: Ken Bruckart

Answer

No, a geostationary orbit must be in the plane of the Earth's equator. That
way, by matching its orbital speed with the speed of a point on the equator,
the moving satellite appears to be stationary over that point. Any other
orbit would have the satellite appear to drift above and below the equator
during the course of a day.

A geosynchronous orbit matches the Earth's rotational speed, but only allows
a satellite to appear over the same spot once per day. Depending on your
stretch of that definition, a satellite in a perfect polar orbit would pass
over each pole once per day and might be called 'geosynchronous', but like
the time of day at the poles the terminology becomes ambiguous.

In the GC case, there would be no plenum vortex lines directly over the
pole, so the satellite would free fall from 22,000 miles up due to gravity,
with no vortex flow to produce a 'centrifugal' force.

If the polar-launched rocket changed direction to insert the satellite into
an equatorial orbit, then it would cross vortex lines in the process,
leading to the same conclusions as in my prior mail.

There would be no periodic twist of 24 hours, as you say, to the polar
launch, because the North Pole, as an ideal abstracted  point on the
surface, does not rotate. For example, the rotation center of a clock hand
does not itself rotate.

Yes, the vortex lines would have maximum effect at the equator and no effect
(minimum) at the poles.
The plenum has cylindrical, not spherical symmetry, around the N-S pole
line - think of the throat of a whirlpool, tornado or hurricane.  Similar
sub-vortices exist around the Sun, Moon and each of the 8 planets.

Would the "wing windspeed " be zero at the poles and max at the equator?
Yes, exactly so.

Thank you for reading and responding thoughtfully to my post.

Pax Christi,

Robert