[geocentrism] Re: Moon Rotation

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:45:11 +1000

 Paul said. HIS QUESTION CONCERNED . ' that energy which exists in a body
rotating -- note, NOT revolving or otherwise translating. The energy which
would be present if it were the only body in the universe. The energy which
would be demonstrable without reference to any other body. "

good question to think about.  I said before as a quick answer, that the energy
was kinetic in the flywheel... means the energy due to momentum or motion, and
I would assume it is also with respect to angular momentum of the flywheel.

However your last phrase, "The energy which would be demonstrable without
reference to any other body." gives me pause.  No kinetic energy is self
existent..  Relativity or the relative motions between one body and another are
necessary for a measurement.

We could say that even kinetic energy is potential energy.  We even have the
problem of absolute space..A moving body has kinetic energy.. a bullet..  but
if a bullet is fired in the opposite direction  of the earths motion, then is
the kinetic energy in the bullet, or do I fly into the bullet..  Its our old
problem of what is absolutely non moving... an impossible question. been here
before..

But your flywheel rotating body has energy relative to the space it occupies..
but if it is all alone if it cannot be referenced to another object, even air
or space itself, to slow it down.. Is it then nonexistent ... no..  i think
not.  The body will experience the centrifugal stress within its own substance
as it spins..  this is the flywheel force I keep mentioning, which proves to
itself that it is rotating, (spinning for Allen)  Parts can fatigue, and react
against gravity to do work within itself as atoms move around. even fly off
into space, if the speed of rotation was fast enough ..

Lets keep in mind all energy is only energy if it has the potential to do
work..  REAMS OF PHILOSOPHY HAVE BEN WRITTEN ABOUT THAT ONE WORD ENERGY...Is
heat energy? What is energy..  ?   they say a rock on the cliffs edge has
potential energy... So "energy" is not a substance. Its a potential!  a state
between two positions, or two conditions. I have an old steam book pre 20th or
early 1900's that puts the truth of energy in perspective..

Philip..