[geocentrism] Re: Moon Rotation

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 07:41:54 +1000

well yes it has two elements of angular momentum..  One due to the orbital
motion, and one due to its angular rotation around its own axial centre..   As
my first answer was..

the answer is the same for diagram B..  The angular momentum of an object still
has two elements...  one with respect to its own centre axis, and one with
respect to the primary centre.

However I have difficulty still with your terminology..  Poles generally refers
to the opposite ends of the axis of rotation. In B you seem to have the poles
shifted to the plane of the orbit, which now makes these the equator. and the
rotation is still vertical to plane of the orbit, which make for new poles, to
and bottom. and a new equator..

I did tell you I have difficulty reading static diagrams of a dynamic system.

Phil