[geocentrism] Re: Michelson Interferometer

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:51:54 +1000

Hoyle believed in a steady state universe driven by continuous creation of
interstellar matter.

How does Miller's aether drift confirm this? Robert

Sorry, perhaps my memory is confused..  Seems like Hoyle mocked the big bang..
hence my asociation. Perhaps it was this , which at this late age I cannot
remember how I got it.  Perhaps  Miller knew Lindblad..  Philip

Velocity

In the general sense, the absolute velocity of any object through space is not
a meaningful question according to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity,
which declares that there is no "preferred" inertial frame of reference in
space with which to compare the galaxy's motion. (Motion must always be
specified with respect to another object.)

With this in mind, many astronomers believe the galaxy is moving through space
at approximately 600km per second relative to the observed locations of other
nearby galaxies. Most recent estimates range from 130 km/s to 1,000 km/s. If
indeed the Milky Way is moving at 600 km per second, we are traveling 51.84
million km per day, or more than 18.9 billion km per year. For comparison, this
would mean that each year, we are traveling about 4.5 times the distance that
Pluto lies from the Earth (at its closest). The Milky Way is thought to be
moving in the direction of the constellation Hydra, and may someday become a
close-knit member of the Virgo cluster of galaxies.

Another reference frame is provided by the Cosmic microwave background (CMB).
The Milky Way is moving at around 552 km/s[31] with respect to the photons of
the CMB. This can be observed by satellites such as COBE and WMAP as a dipole
contribution to the CMB, as photons in equilibrium at the CMB frame get
blue-shifted in the direction of the motion and red-shifted in the opposite
direction..

  Hoyle believed in a steady state universe driven by continuous creation of
interstellar matter.

  How does Miller's aether drift confirm this?

  The geostatic Bible model was supported by Miller's drift direction, which
indicated the source of aether flow toward the Earth.

  RB

  On Behalf Of philip madsen

  You have not responded to the point I made, that Millers figures of drift
confirmed the universe according to Hoyle, not the Bible.

4:08 PM