[geocentrism] Re: Magnitude of scale

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:42:27 -0800 (PST)

Jack,
  The answer to your question is NO! .......I think you may have missed the
other comment...which is specific to what is under discussion..
  .....http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cookie_setting_error.html the axis of
2d rotation (not 2d objects, only 2d rotation by definition) is always
perpendicular to the xy plane...!? that is geometry Phil not Allen......

Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Dear Philip, Paul and Allen,

  "Dictionary.com....Axis: .A straight line about which a body or geometric
object rotates or may be conceived to rotate. or the center around which
something rotates..."

  Philip said:
  Allen, where is the 90 degrees mentioned in the latter..  But I do accept
both your statements combined as follows and slightly modified to accurately
complete it. . I have not denied anything above anywhere.

  I'm saying:
  I've been largely ignoring this monumental debate because it is getting you
all nowhere relative to each other. There is so much confusion and repetition
of multiple e-mails that I'm content to wait until either Reger or someone else
on his side of the astronomy fence, decides to either enlighten us all, or
concede.
  In the meantime is it possible for an object to rotate, without any
additional forces being applied, not to rotate about an axis which is at 90deg.
to its plane of rotation?