[geocentrism] Re: Magnitude of scale

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:11:13 -0800 (PST)

  Phil,
  If only your comment had any bering on the actual mechanics we were
discussing you would have a point ..none.. However, it does not! So please tell
us why do you keep grasping at examples that don't reflect or have any
relevance to what we are talking about to make a point about what we are
discussing?...I also gave you this in the last post...This is relevant, because
this is what is under discussion and consideration....
.....http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cookie_setting_error.html the axis of
2d rotation (not 2d objects, only 2d rotation by definition) is always
perpendicular to the xy plane...!? that is geometry Phil not Allen......
  Even Regners mention of the 3% elliptical will not help his cause either.
Because the period of the osculation can't negate the observable state of
rotational without negating the real rotational state  itself which is what
your example is about....(in both a internal as well as external observers ref
frame)........!?

  philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        Allen said,
  "The axis is determined by the path of rotation at 90 degrees to
it...period!.....,." .  then later quotes this dictionary,

  "Dictionary.com....Axis: .A straight line about which a body or geometric
object rotates or may be conceived to rotate. or the center around which
something rotates..."

  Allen, where is the 90 degrees mentioned in the latter..  But I do accept
both your statements combined as follows and slightly modified to accurately
complete it. . I have not denied anything above anywhere.

  Axis: .A straight line about which a body or object rotates at right angles
to the average plane of rotation .

  Now seeing as you love to talk vibrations.

  Please tell me what is the axis of a body rotating horizontally one
revolution per second around a centre point C  and has a sine wave oscillation
of 10 Hz per revolution, with a peak amplitude 10 degrees above and below the
horizontal plane .

  When you have worked that out, and it needs no maths, do this one. No math
either.

  What is the axis of a body rotating horizontally one revolution per second
around a centre point C  and has a sine wave oscillation of one Hz per
revolution, with a peak amplitude 23 degrees above and below the horizontal
plane .

  You should be able to see this graphically in a second..  and the answer is
one word. And I am not upset..  I have no feelings, except pleasure and pain.