[geocentrism] Re: Magnitude of scale

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:29:05 +1000

Are we all agreed so far?

Neville

Not entirely sure yet..  Neville said,

3. The World takes 23h 56m 4.091s to rotate once about its axis.

I am no math person, but instinct tells me that the 4 minutes is taken off
because of the increment of rotation needed to be caught up, due to the alleged
orbiting of the earth. It is not specifically the true spin rate.

It is 24 hours from sun rise to sun rise. Therefore in the HC scene, as the sun
is stationary, the real rotation is once in 24 hours..  the other figure is a
mathmatical compute to justify the differential in observation of the other
stars  caused by the orbit al change in location.

Like I said.. Its only instinctive..  but I saw a diagram once somewhere. And
someone has to answer the connundrum I gave to Allen re the moon, and what IS
spin.