[geocentrism] Re: JA's 3D diagram

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:10:39 -0000

Dear Allen,
One of the curses from the emergence of computers and DTP software was the
dumbing down of typography. Where once people used professionals for their
graphic design work, DTP allowed the office secretary to do it instead. I'll
give you a few examples. There is no need whatsoever to use underlining - this
is a left-over from ordinary typewriters in which you only had two way to
emphasise something; capitals or underlining. Today you can use italics, bold,
CAPITALS, larger sizes and any combination of them all without changing the
typeface.

May I suggest, to all, that for the purposes of technical illustrations and
diagrams use a non-serif type font. Choose colours carefully so they can be
clearly seen when printed on paper - people will insist in using yellow on
white! This is a particular problem with Paul's e-mails with his choice of pale
colours for his responses and small typeface. The type size however may be
dictated by the way in which individual's e-mails work.

I hope you didn't mind me saying this but it would make things much clearer.

Jack :-]