From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, 31 October, 2007 5:20:17 PM
Subject: [geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts? (Supplementary)

Paul,

You state (correctly) that "when you rotate the paper, you also rotate the
poles!" Yes, my fault, I did see this when I submitted the post, but hoped that
no one would pick it up. I will now be specific, as I should have been, so as
to clear up this misunderstanding. In doing so, I hope that your
misunderstanding will likewise be cleared up.

Take the same diagram and print it out on an A4 sheet of paper. Cut out the
sphere and axis, such that it looks a bit like a compass needle. Keep the
remainder of the A4 sheet fixed to the table (the remainder of the sheet
represents the background - 'fixed' - star field). Rotate just the sphere/axis
cut out through 23.5 degrees (or any amount you choose except multiples of 90
degrees).

Now you get the real picture - two sets of poles. In the 'upright' position you
have the celestial poles. In the 'tilted' position you have the ecliptic poles.

Neville

www.GeocentricUniverse.com

National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week.
Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV.
http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/