[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts?

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:24:32 +0200

You didn't exactly state any axioms of science - you just repeated
the definition. Whether the Solar system is geocentric or heliocentric
is by no means a question of axioms - we can go out and measure it,
as has been done.  One of the axioms of science is that the laws of
physics are the same everywhere and at all times. That is not necessarily
a true axiom, however, as we might be able to observe departures from that.
So far we have not found reason to abandon that "axiom" - although there
are some tentative results on the "at all times" part. Physical constants
might have been very slightly different  in the very early Universe - but
nothing that will affect this discussion.
  I will address specific issues when I have compiled the list. You
are not the only one who have, or will, raise these two particular
issues.

     Regards,

        Regner Trampedach

Quoting Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Dear Regner,
> Before answering your question, I would like to preface it by stating that
> it is important to me that scientific facts have to be 'true' and not just
> an accommodation to satisfy a set of criteria. Also that the 'traditional'
> meaning of science,as I have said in a previous posting, accords with Carl
> Popper's description. So my answer to your question below is 'everything
> that cannot be verifiably measured or experimentally repeated'. I realise
> that geocentrism falls into that category as does heliocentrism.
>
> Also I would hope that at some point you will address the two examples I
> posed in an earlier post - stellar parallax issue and the interferometer
> experiments.
>
> regards
>
> Jack
 Dr. Regner Trampedach
   Employed by:                              Visiting:
 Department of Physics and Astronomy,   Research School of Astron. & Astroph.
 University of Aarhus,                  Mount Stromlo Observatory,
 Ny Munkegade Bldg. 1520,               Cotter Road,
 DK-8000 Aarhus C,                      Weston ACT 2611,
 Denmark                                Australia
 Phone:  +45 8942 3609                  +61 2 6125 0249
 Fax:    +45 8612 0740                  +61 2 6125 0260
 E-mail: art@xxxxxxxxxx                 art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx