[geocentrism] Re: Gravity and Aether

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:40:25 -0400

second response  Robert said:

a.       It is non-material. i.e. [has no physical properties normally
expected of matter.]

Over the top, I think. The aether will only be observable to us by its
effects on matter (and radiation/light) .  Analogs are ways of building
knowledge bridges between the known and unknown.  Ruling out properties of
matter that are equal to or similar to matter - like density,
compressibility, viscosity - is a bit premature.

Won't you please reconsider, Philip?

response:  I have elsewhere acknowledged analogy, and analogical properties
like density etc..  but we cannot say an immaterial entity has the same
properties exactly, which the word "normally"  was meant to say..  You are
welcome to rephrase it..  Phil

Thanks, Phil.

Here's my rephrase:

a.       Its composition is unknown - now.

Robert B