[geocentrism] Re: Earth gravity static or time dependent?

  • From: allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:25:01 -0700 (PDT)

Philip,

What i think you fail to fully appreciate is that all properties even the
definitions of the ones you address have no intrinsic meaning eternal of a
relationship to something else.... context is everything.....in the same way
that atmospheric pressure, generally, can not be perceived it is the "natural
state". It is only by showing a relationships to some other value(s) that it
has any meaning and those values only have any meaning in context with
others....just because fold did not perceive the pressure of air 600 years ago
does not mean it had no pressure it only means that a meaningful relationship
had not yet been established.....finding the right "meaningful" relationships
is the whole point of these discussion on the aether’s pressure.....we don’t
have those or a meaningful relationship yet.....THAT’S WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO
FIGURE OUT.... you cant say that since it does not conform to known
relationships that it therfore has no pressure
 anymore then it would have been correct for those folk 600 yeas ago, who knew
what pressure was to state that the air has no pressure...why they knew about
air/ breathing...it’s the same thing, and you are attempting in essence to
argue that since there is no meaningfull understanding, thus proof that there
is nothing meaningful to understand....?