[geocentrism] Dinosaur scam article

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:03:10 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

A few days ago, I received an e-mail that contained something entitled,
"Dinosaurs: Science or Science Fiction," by David P. Wozney. I promised the
sender of this e-mail that I would read the piece and offer my opinion on it. I
had a few minutes free this evening and decided to honour my commitment. The
following is offered for your general information, since we must be aware of
certain tactics that are adopted by those who seek only to ridicule what they
do not understand.

First of all, in Wozney's "Introduction," we read:

"Where bones from existing animals are not satisfactory for deception purposes,
plaster substitutes may be manufactured and used. Some material similar or
superior to plasticine clay or plaster of Paris would be suitable. Molds may
also be employed. A 144-page book titled 'Make Your Own Dinosaur Out of Chicken
Bones' provides step-by-step instructions complete with detailed drawings and
diagrams."

This paragraph obviously does not ring true. First of all, there is a great
difference between bones and fossils, which no one could mistake. One could not
simply use animal bones, since not only would they be quite obvious as to what
creature they were from, but also their composition would be entirely different
from that of a genuine fossil. Secondly, his suggestion of something similar to
"plasticine clay" is strange and his claimed, though unreferenced, work
regarding chicken bones must be some sort of joke.

Next, Wozney's assertions that "Yes, there are major political and religious
ramifications," and "sufficient motivation for ridiculing of open questioning
and for suppression of honest investigation," seem to me to be tongue-in-cheek
sarcasm towards the creationist movement.

Wozney clearly has no comprehension of YeHVaH Elohiym, nor of the Hebrew
Scriptures when he goes on to claim that, "The dinosaur concept implies that if
God exists, He tinkered with His idea of dinosaurs for awhile, then probably
discarded or became tired of this creation and then went on to create man. The
presented dinosaur historical timeline suggests an imperfect God who came up
with the idea of man as an afterthought, thus demoting the biblical idea that
God created man in His own image. Dinosaurs are not mentioned in the Bible."
The Creation account given in Genesis 1 shows no long period of time between
dinosaur creation (Day 6) and the creation of man (also Day 6). There is no
justification for Wozney's claim that the Elohiym of Israel is somehow
"imperfect," and Wozney clearly has no knowledge of the fact that dinosaurs are
mentioned in Job.

So, at this very early point in Wozney's "article" (i.e., still in the
"Introduction," with ~ 90% of his work remaining), it is completely evident
that the whole thing is just a scam and not worth commenting upon further.
Skimming through the rest of it, past countless claimed, but unspecified,
quotations, including such rubbish as "fossilized skin," and through some of
Wozney's infantile logic, tends to confirm my assessment.

A very poor effort ideed, Wozney. 0/10. Must try harder.