[geocentrism] Re: Climate change

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:37:45 +0000 (GMT)

JA
I've been preoccupied with making arrangements to view a DVD from Philip M 'The
Global Warming Swindle'.
Herewith the three comments you made to my last post
Peer review of unproven, unprovable supposition by supporters of the same
worldview are meaningless to truth seeking. So much science has nothing to do
with testable-repeatable stuff but with interpreting things so they fitt the
world-view. And that boils it down to faith. How then would you organise so as
to discover truth? For that matter, how would you recognise truth?
When a fact is taken and interpreted according to a world-view and then the
interpretation is presented as fact, you are not engaged in "scientific
practice" you are engaged in "trust in what other people say with no evidence".
The problem is, that if your world-views match, than it would be extremley hard
to recognize the difference. I'm sorry -- I can't get the gyst of what you are
saying here.
[1] This is where I want to hear the evidence that makes it "undeniable" that
mans activity is additive and [2] the additive amount equals massive trouble
that requires action. [3] You are still dismissing the possiblity that the sun
is solely responsible for any meaningfull change in global temperatures. I've
broken this into three parts. First. If you create two boxes from plywood, one
metre in all directions, paint them black and put them in the sun with
temperature sensing probes inserted, then after some time you will note that
the temperature will have risen equally in each box, more or less stabilising
after some time. Later in the day as the Sun passes the zenith and sinks toward
the horizon, the indicated temperatures will be found to fall, also equally. If
tomorrow you repeat the experiment but with a lighted candle in one box, you
will note that the temperatures will again track, but the one with the candle
in it will be marginally higher. Second. This is not
 certain. I have not claimed that it is. But I have claimed that it is prudent
to consider the possibility that it is. I still so claim. Third. Yes --
because, as explained above, you could only claim this to be so if you took Man
and his activities out of the equasion. I note however your use of
'meaningful'. My comment ignores this.
From an earlier post From Paul Deema Sat Jun 16 23:11:59 2007-- (you in red).
You could start with facts - but be ready to be challenged on whether you've
actually given a fact or simply an interpretation based on a worldview. A body,
wholly or partially immersed in a fluid experiences an up thrust equal to the
weight of the fluid displaced. Testable in any suburban kitchen. When rolling
down an incline at a given angle, all spheres will out accelerate all disks
which will out accelerate all hoops. A bit harder but you should be able to
test this in your garage. A syphon will transfer liquids from one vessel to
another only while the height of the surface in the source vessel remains
greater than the height of the surface in the destination vessel. Testable in
any suburban laundry. And here's a beauty! We've all seen the experiment where
a lighted candle placed in a bowl of water is covered by an inverted
cylindrical glass jar whose rim is pushed down below the surface of the water.
What happens initially is that the water in the jar is pushed down
 below the level of the surface in the bowl but that presently the candle
extinguishes and shortly after, the water rises in the jar about 20% of the
height and we are told that this demonstrates that the oxygen content of the
air is about 20% by volume since it was used up by the combustion. Well this is
wrong. I have done an experiment which shows that this is wrong. Further I have
deduced why the explanation is wrong. To this date (30 years have elapsed) I
have not received a summons to answer charges of scientific heresy. I look
forward to your comments on these four examples
I gave you four examples. I'm still looking forward to your comments.

 Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all
webmail accounts.