[geocentrism] Re: Celestial Poles

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

The figure I looked up was 430 light years.
Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:In a large universe, if the stars are as far
away as HCs claim, such that you no longer have a triangle, but a straight
line, then there would be no displacement of the star's position as a result of
the World rotating. Just as there is no movement of the celestial north pole,
which can be regarded as being at infinity.

Neville
Yet I am not so sure.. As we are discussing angular displacement here on earth
, the displacement would be the same if the star was at infinity, or if it was
on a canvas just a few light years away.

Oh dear , I do so hope we are not going to go back over the way more distance
objects appear to move backwards against the close telegraph poles outside the
speeding train.

Jush how far does helio people say the pole star is anyway.

Philip