[geocentrism] Re: Calendar query

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:38:17 -0600

Neville,

The short answer is "No."

My longer response is two-fold.  First, that your thesis would
necessitate the understanding that the New Moon is the Full Moon and
second, that the Gospels do not show Messiah in the grave for three days.

Passover and the first day of Unleavened Bread fall in the middle of the
month on the 14th and 15th, respectively.  Now, there is a very small
group of people who argue that the New Moon is the Full Moon, which may
allow your thesis.  I can't see this as a possibility because of history
and logic.  History, as in dictionary definitions, shows the New Moon
being firstly astonomical new moon and secondly a crescent moon.
Logically, the two primary divisions of the moon's appearance from earth
are when it is visible and when it is not visible.  The period when it
is not visible is that unique period of time each month that I argue is
a "month-end/beginning" holiday.  The Full Moon is still important, but
as the second sabbath of the month and being at the beginning of the
pilgramage feasts of Unleavened Bread in the first month and Tabernacles
in the seventh month.

Concerning the Gospel accounts... In Mark 15: 42  "And now when the even
was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the
sabbath," we see Messiah's death and burial on the preparation, the day
before the sabbath.  Exodus 16:5 shows that the day before the weekly
sabbath is a preparation.  The next reference to sabbath is Mark 16: 1
"And when the sabbath was past..."  Logically, this would be the same
sabbath that was referred to in Mark 15: 42.  Compare also Luke 23: 54-
24: 1.

In Matthew 27: 62 "Now the next day, that followed the day of the
preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,"
we see again the preparation and based on the above evidence the next
day would be the sabbath.  Continuing on to Matthew 28: 1 again we have
the women going to the tomb after the sabbath on the first day of the
week.  [An alternately punctuated Matthew 27: 66 - Matthew 28: 1 as  "So
they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a
watch in the end of the sabbath. As it began to dawn toward the first
[day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the
sepulchre." may better hamonize the Gospels.]  In John 19:31 "The Jews
therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not
remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an
high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and [that]
they might be taken away."  The preparation was for a weekly sabbath
day, that also happened to be an high day.  In John 19: 42- 20: 1 again
we see no gaps in the sequence of 1st day) preparation where death and
burial occurred (Passover), 2nd day) sabbath in the grave (First day of
Unleavened Bread), and 3rd day) first day of the week with resurrection
(Wave Sheath offering).  This sequence fits the resurrection on the
third day as in Luke 24:46  "And said unto them, Thus it is written, and
thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:"

On another note, I found a error in my Biblical Calendar overview.
Towards the end in the New Moon section the last sentence should read
"The crescent may be easily visible after twenty four to thirty six
hours depending on location, local conditions, lag time, etc."

Carl