[geocentrism] Re: Angular momentum

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 02:01:55 +0100 (BST)

 --- Mike <mboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I may have made a mistake, I am only human.  But you
> have not
> demonstrated that I have.  I made very specific
> points about your two
> equations that your result relies on.  You need to
> show exactly where I
> am wrong rather than just make some wishy washy
> statement about
> direction and tell me to work it out.

So in other words you can just claim that the maths on
the webpage is wrong and I have to go to the trouble
of going through your non-supplied mathematics to
prove to you (and to your satisfaction) that you were
wrong? I thought you asked me to detail my statement
about the inapplicability of the "law" of the
conservation of linear momentum in inelastic
collisions? I thought I did EXACTLY that? You then
state, without any justification, that I have ignored
the fact that velocity is a vector quantity. Get off
your bookshelf any of the elementary physics textbooks
that you appear to place so much store by and many
times you will observe that velocity (and hence linear
momentum) is treated as a scalar. That's because it
doesn't matter. I have told you how to see for
yourself that it doesn't matter, and you now accuse me
of failing to answer your contention!!

You are simply wrong. Hopefully you will acknowledge
this fact.

As for your

> You STILL haven't responded to my last post
> regarding your "proof" of
> the incorrectness of heliocentrism regarding the
> celestial poles.

note that this is because I have no intention of
responding to someone who is simultaneously posting
ridicule on BadAstronomy about this, or any related,
subject.

I have not seen that you have acted in this way
regarding angular or linear momentum, so I will
continue this thread, but I have witnessed your
comments on the celestial poles, so I will not detain
you from discussing it there.

Best wishes,

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com