[geocentrism] Re: 2 Axes of rotation - drawing brand new for you

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:58:23 -0800 (PST)

What we have in the HC explanations thus far is a cornucopia of
contradictions...lets review..

  1.What makes star trails is rotation.
  2. To view a rotation of a axis only requires a radial condition over that
axis.
  3. Simply looking in a different direction or at another axis does not make
the rotational effect of that radial condition disappear.
  4. What determines the size of star trails is the distance the star is from
the axis of rotation not wether or not we are looking at it or in some other
direction.

  HC claims there is no rotation on the ecliptic even though there is a radial
condition over the course of a year around that axis........ ..Then claims that
the radial condition around the ecliptic axis causes a rotation on the ecliptic
produces the nightly star trails on the annual orbital path due to that non
existent rotation around the ecliptic.

  If there is no radial condition around the ecliptic then there can be no
rotation and thus rotation cannot cause annual star trails.

  If there is a radial condition on the ecliptic axis then by definition a
rotation exist, and just because you are looking ain a different direction
cannot make the effect disappear ( the nightly proves this, you don?t have to
look at the nightly axis of rotation to see the nightly rotational effect)
  We agree that simply looking in another direction will not prevent you from
seeing a rotational effect if the rotation exist. However, that is the very
reason HC is arguing that you cannot observe the annual rotation around the
ecliptic. First there is no rotation around the ecliptic then there is but
because we are facing the celestial axis ( a different direction) then we
cannot see it.

  If there is a rotation around the ecliptic then the size of the star trails
would be determined solely due to the distance of the star from the axis in
question, not what direction we were looking in!?

  If the direction we were facing determined if we see a rotation or not then
if you do not face the nightly rotation you would not be able to observe it. To
argue that the nightly is all around is meaningless for so to is the annual
orbit. A radial condition exist on the ecliptic axis every 24 hours of every
night the direction you look at cannot determine if you see it or not. The
translational motion of earth?s orbit only applies to the celestial axis of
spin the earth itself is spinning.

  A observer parallaxes the annual ecliptic axis in the same way that the
observer parallaxes the celestial axis nightly. By definition if the observer
radially parallaxes the celestial over the course of a year, he must also
radially parallax the ecliptic. The direction the observe is facing has no
effect on wether or not he can or does observe a rotation. If there is no
radial parallax of the ecliptic there can be no radial parallax of the
celestial. If that were the case there could be no annual star trails period.
The fact that we do not see it is not proof that you cannot see it, it is proof
it cannot exist.

  Finally, the icing on the cake in the arguments is that since we would
observe the nightly in the annual motion ( notwithstanding all the previous
contradictions needed to arrive at any annual star trails to begin with)
therefore that proves the two are equivalent. This is not logically valid any
more then looking a t a radial sander and a orbital sander and arguing that
since we will see the circular motion of the circular sander in the radial
sander therefore the two are equivalent and we would not be able to see the
orbital motion in the orbital sander....!?

Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Quoting Neville Jones :

> Ahhh, at last Regner, you have played the HC trump card.

I do not see I have done such a thing.

> So after all this
> you are telling us that we can see annual star trails after all?!!

No - There are no new claims - I have just rephrased earlier statements.
We have all agreed that the paralactic motions are not what we are looking
for. They are not detectable by the casual observer.

> So the 'translational' motion is not a translation?

Sigh - of course it is.

> Since it is some form of rotation

No it is not.

> (hence the ellipses),

From a rotation you would not be able to get anything but great circles
around the rotational axis (Stars tracing constant latitude w.r.t. that
axis).
The ellipses are very small and arise from the parallaxes arising from
the TRANSLATIONAL motion of Earth in its orbit around the Sun.

> then why does the
> angular distance between star and ecliptic polar axis not matter?

The eccentricity of the (very small) paralactic ellipse does depend
on that. See pt.5. of my post on parallaxes:
//www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/msg00917.html
Again I believed we had agreed that the paralactic motion is too small
to be of consequence on this issue. I do believe, however, that it is
part of the confusion here. Therefore look at this post of mine:
//www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/msg00996.html

Regards,

Regner

PNG image