[geocentrism] Re: 2 Axes of rotation - drawing brand new for you

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 06:39:12 -0800

In red:

-----Original Message-----
From: art@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:22:26 +1100

From a rotation you would not be able to get anything but great circles
around the rotational axis (Stars tracing constant latitude w.r.t. that
axis).

Agreed.

The ellipses are very small and arise from the parallaxes arising from
the TRANSLATIONAL motion of Earth in its orbit around the Sun.

Am I right in saying that the major axis of these ellipses are equal in length?  This is what I refer to as 'aberration'.

Neville.

3D Earth Screensaver Preview
Free 3D Earth Screensaver
Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth