[geocentrism] Re: 2 Axes of rotation - drawing brand new for you

Quoting Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Ahhh, at last Regner, you have played the HC trump card.

I do not see I have done such a thing.

> So after all this
> you are telling us that we can see annual star trails after all?!!

No - There are no new claims - I have just rephrased earlier statements.
We have all agreed that the paralactic motions are not what we are looking
for. They are not detectable by the casual observer.

> So the 'translational' motion is not a translation?

Sigh - of course it is.

> Since it is some form of rotation

No it is not.

> (hence the ellipses),

From a rotation you would not be able to get anything but great circles
around the rotational axis (Stars tracing constant latitude w.r.t. that
axis).
The ellipses are very small and arise from the parallaxes arising from
the TRANSLATIONAL motion of Earth in its orbit around the Sun.

> then why does the
> angular distance between star and ecliptic polar axis not matter?

The eccentricity of the (very small) paralactic ellipse does depend
on that. See pt.5. of my post on parallaxes:
    http://www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/msg00917.html
Again I believed we had agreed that the paralactic motion is too small
to be of consequence on this issue. I do believe, however, that it is
part of the confusion here. Therefore look at this post of mine:
   http://www.freelists.org/archives/geocentrism/11-2007/msg00996.html

    Regards,

       Regner