[GeoStL] quakemap vs. ExpertGPS

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 09:07:03 -0600

http://www.earthquakemap.com/

Has anyone tried this?  I've been messing with it and it looks nicer than
ExpertGPS and it only cost $10.  It loads gpx files and plots them on topo
maps and aerial photos (same data as ExpertGPS).  It also allows you to
export to a handheld  (palm or pocket PC), but I have not tried that yet. It
requires a $20 program on your handheld.  It also allows you to track your
position on your laptop, shows the whole area and when it plots the cache on
the map, it shows some info about the cache when you put the mouse over it.
I also like its interface better.