[GeoStL] Re: pocket queries

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 23:05:29 -0500

-
 What did you use to set up the route segment? I don't know if this will
help, but if you made it public, could someone else look at it and see if
maybe the route itself is a problem?
Gale R. Nie wrote: - I'm using the route feature and the only thing I'm
changing is making it search for caches within 1 mile of the route instead
of0.5 miles and also making the max number of caches 500 instead of 100. So
I'm pretty much doing it like you Sarah, trying to get all the possible
caches along the route and narrowing it down later. Like I said, I set the
options the same on all the queries and every one works except one. Only the
shadow knows... Gale ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Chisholm"
<sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>[1] To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2] Sent: Tuesday,
May 01, 2007 10:42 PM Subject: [GeoStL] Re: pocket queries - You probably
have one or more of the selections you have made in the query that conflict
with each other. For example (and I'm not saying this is the exact conflict
you have going on but,) if you have too many boxes checked in the "THAT"
section and they confilct with each other or with other things you may have
selected like "Terrain" or "Difficulty" you will get "No Results". I do most
of my "Filtering" in GSAK. That way I can change my game plan if something
changes or something is not working. This way, if I do all my filtering thru
GSAK, I have ALL the possible caches and can filter out what I don't want to
look for. But, say, a local cacher says that XYZ cache is a "must do" cache.
You will have that cache in your computer and will be able to go for it if
you want to. (if you travel with a laptop that is...) Sarah (CF30) -----
Original Message ---- From: Gale R. Nie <showme69@xxxxxxxx>[3] To:
geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[4] Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2007 9:39:39 PM Subject:
[GeoStL] pocket queries - I've been setting up pocket queries for our trip
toColorado. A few weeks ago I set up a few to do some research and a route I
did from Goodland, KS to Estes Park, CO came back with this message each
weekwhen it ran: "Your Pocket Query had no results. If you believe you
shouldhave received a result to your query, please review your Pocket Query
for errors." Tonight I deleted all the old queries and redid them. I set up
11 queries on a route, including the one mentioned above. I set the options
the same for all the queries. Of the five I set to run today, four came back
with results except the Goodland, KS to Estes Park, CO query came back with
the same "No Results" message. Any ideas out there why this might happen?
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[5] Missouri Caches Scheduled to be
Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[6]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx