[GeoStL] Re: $$$$$$$

  • From: "xiTaqua" <xitaqua@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:34:15 -0500

Hello Jim,

I read all the comments so far about 501(c)3 and they are pretty much on
the target.

Here is my 2 cents on this :

In my opinion for most organizations to be able to grow and be relevant
in the future they need some kind of structure. This is the REAL benefit
of 501c3.
The con is the same thing, it is structure. Some organizations never
achieve 501c3, or want to achieve it.

I am still tracking those interested in helping form a 501c3
organization, so far the number went up to 4. I am only counting those
that send me an email at xitaqua@xxxxxxxxxxxx My hope is to get at least
20 people that are serious about a formal structure and is willing to
commit time to get this done.

I really think this can be done, but it will take time. It won't happen
overtime. I would encourage those that are familiar with forming or been
involved with a 501c3 organization to send me an email IF you are
interested in taking SLAGA to the next step. When the right time comes,
we can move forward.
Also if you like to give me a brief info of your experience and if there
is something specific you would like to help, feel free to let me know
on the email.

Incorporation is the easy part. Been able to be called 501c3 and
maintain it is the hard part. Maybe we should think about just
incorporating as first step...

But before we do that I think the real step is for us to figure out if
501c3 is the right thing for us.

Cheers !
Marcos.