[GeoStL] (no subject)

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THIS Geocache? A friend forwarded this to me.
Georgie

The OC Register had the following news story:
Bomb scare at Disneyland a false alarm

The Tomorrowland area of Disneyland opened 30 minutes late this morning after
a park landscaper found a suspicious package at the bathrooms near the
Autopia ride.

The Orange County sheriff's bomb squad declared the incident a false alarm
after deploying a robot equipped with an X-ray that determined the object was
not an explosive.

"We don't know whether it was an elaborate hoax or just something left
behind," said John Nicoletti, Anaheim city spokesman, who was at the scene.

The incident did not delay Disneyland's scheduled 9 a.m. opening, but patrons
were unable to visit such Tomorrowland attractions as Club Buzz, Innoventions
and Starcade until 9:30 a.m.

Officials said that the landscaper found the object around 7 a.m. at the
bottom of a staircase. He notified security personnel, who in turn called
police.
Police summoned the bomb squad.

What does this have to do with us, you may ask?  The story doesn't reveal
this as they may not have known at the time but the package the landscaper
found
was a geocache inside of a hollowed out toy cell phone that had been in that
location since Oct. of 2002.

I thought it might be of interest and serve as a heads up for the hightened
sense of fear that people have these days.

We need to keep this in mind as we choose locations for our boxes.

California Bear