[STL Geocaching] Re: more orphaned, caches.

  • From: "Dave D" <cache_finder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:08:01 -0500

I think I posted on the forum - but I'll be glad to take Man vs. Nature for the group.

From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "St. Louis Geocachers MailList" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] more orphaned, caches.
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:24:34 -0500

Can we take on three more ?group caches?  to manage. Or, can anyone take
these on?

Forward from the forum:
-----------------------
Hello, STL area cachers,

As I imagine you are aware by now, neither Big Jimmy nor I are actively
geocaching in the St. Louis area anymore. I now live near Milwaukee, and Big
Jimmy simply has too many other demands on his time. That being said, rather
than simply let our caches rot in St. Louis from now till eternity, we're
looking for one or more persons to take over ownership of our caches. The
caches would become completely yours, legally, morally, ethically,
physically, psychedelically yours. The three caches and note about each
follow:

Oak Knoll cache ( http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1278):
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1278):> Just a basic
cache that's been around for more than a year. Still visited quite
frequently. Not too much maintenance with this one.

Man vs. Nature ( http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1840):
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1840):>  This was
originally a 3-stage cache but unfortunately stage 2 has been missing for
quite some time. We've rigged it so you can go directly from stage 1 to
stage 3, but personally I'd like to see stage 2 replaced. Of course, that
would be completely up to the new owner. I'd be happy to provide the little
card we used to indicate the coordinates for stage 3 that we put in the
stage 2 container.

Forest Park Pentacache/Quadracache (
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2615):
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2615):> This was
originally a five-stage cache, but stage 1 was missing. So now we've changed
it to a four-stage cache, starting with the original stage 2. Again, I'd
like to see stage 1 replaced, but that'd be up to the owner. Also again, I
could provide the coordinate card that we put in stage 1.

So, those three are up for grabs. Thankfully, the St. Louis Arch Virtual
Cache can take care of itself.

If you'd like to claim one of these or ask me more questions about one,
e-mail at bjbest at prodigy dot net. Thanks!
  _____

Our WebPage! //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"