[GeoStL] Re: maps.google.com

Perfect!  And it works with Firefox as the browser.  Thanks, Dan

  _____

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Baldenweck
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:29 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: maps.google.com

Joel

It is possible to do what you want, but it takes a few steps.

1.  Drag the route to where you want it in Google Maps.
2.  In the top right hand corner of Google maps, click on "link to this
page".
3.  Copy the link (the top box) and paste it into your browser and add at
the end of it, with no spaces:

               &output=KML

4.  Click your browser and a dialog box will come up asking if you wish to
save or open the file.  Tell it to open.
5.  The route will open in Google Earth.  Check to see if that's what you
want, and then save it as a KML.

Dan