[GeoStL] Re: [geocache] Re: amongst friends

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:27:17 -0500

-
Sue,
I walked into my first group hunt on January 2nd of this year.  I didn't
know anyone except by lurking on the email lists.  During the past 9+
months, I've gotten to know a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I
even went from a complete unknown to President of SLAGA in that time!!! :)

As I said in an earlier email, cachers are about the friendliest group of
people I've ever met.  They are always willing to help with a clue or just
watch you struggle finding a difficult cache (while giving you "helpful"
suggestions).  You already have something in common with them and they are
warm and accepting of everyone.  Don't let us intimidate you.  Come on out
on one of the group hunts, you want be sorry you did.  The lunches or
dinners are always a great place to get to know everyone.

Steve Bromley aka javapgmr