[GeoStL] Re: email oddness

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:02:13 -0500

-
Yeah what he said. Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:53 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: email oddness

-
This is the best I could find:

1.  Go to //www.freelists.org/login.html
2.  Login with your email address (read the text above if it's the
first time you're doing this)
3.  Main Menu will come up.  Find "geocaching" in the lists above.
Select it and then click "Select List"
4.  It will bring up your info on the list.  Click "Change Settings"
on the right side
5.  One of the settings is "ECHOPOST".  Make sure it's selected and
click Update Your Account.

Bingo.  However, it doesn't work for me (it's selected, but I still
don't get the emails), which makes me think that Gmail filters any
emails by you that's received from a different email address.  My
reasoning behind them doing it is to keep your conversations looking
good.

Next thing is for me to find out what to do in Gmail.

Andrew

--
Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx