[GeoStL] current status of Somewhere in the Middle Cache

  • From: pntball <gcpntball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:50:20 -0700 (PDT)

-
well i see that my cache has hit the fan but that is ok for me.well let's see i
placed it in a piece of st. charles county ground not used for anything.it is
right next to a city park that the hours are from 6 am to 10 pm.is it my fault
that the city park rangers can't get the gay problem fixed in their park,no.is
it my fault that the city was stupid enough to build a public park right next
to a major missle manufactuer,no. is it stupid for the city to build another
eco-park within spitting distance of a major missle manufactuer,no. as mike had
stated he talked with the park ranger and their is no problems going into the
woods. the problem they have is their park is linked with gay web sites and
they all gather at this park or another local park nearby and go into the woods
and do what nature never intended by the dozens.should i close this cache down
because the park it is close to or the missle bunkers staring you in the face i
really don't think so.i am aware of the problems in this area and they are not
a threat to this game piece. i do happen to know the head of the st. charles
city parks department and he said earlier that it was fine to place them on
county property,and once the problem is corrected then we can use the back
section of the new eco-park.so to sum it all up no i will not archive this
cache because of a cop stopping one of us asking him what he was doing back
their.it is his job to be nosy and it is boeings job to spot suspicious
activity (at least we know they are doing their job right).so yes the cache is
running fine and if you don't want to visit my cache then be my guest and skip
it and do some others.im not forcing anyone to do this cache it is at their own
will.and i also meet all geocaching criteria of placing a legal cache in the
field,unlike some that i have been to that have raised more eyebrows than a
stripjoint could get.but thanks for your views and it has been registered in
the con category for this cache.happy hunting pntball